In the framework of the World Week of Media and Information Literacy, the Cameroon Media Education Association (EDUK-MEDIA) is organising an international symposium October 29th and 30th on the theme “Communication, social media and the challenges of new uses: the contribution of media and information literacy”.
The symposium will discuss the theoretical, epistemological, axiological and socio-political positions that guide research on media abuse and the contribution of media and information literacy. The symposium will be held in French.
The specific objectives pursued are the following:
– Raise awareness of the responsible use of social networks among young people;
– To initiate multidisciplinary collaborations in academic research in IME;
– To have IME recognized as a public good essential to our survival in a digitalized world
– Sensitize public authorities to promote the teaching of IME;
– To sensitize media men and web influencers on good media practices.
The international conference will be held from October 29 to 30, 2021 in Yaoundé, more precisely at the Ecole Supérieure des Sciences et Techniques de l’Information et de la Communication (ESSTIC). The conference will bring together researchers and academics from several African countries as well as several international experts in IME. It will be held in person and online via the zoom application. The central theme will be: “Communication, social media and challenges of new uses: the place of media education and information in Africa.
Registration per email email@example.com or WhatsApp : (+237) 656393800